Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Mini Zucchini Muffins




My mom's zucchini bread is so good. I bake a ton of it when zucchinis are in season and abundant at the farmers market, cut the loaves in half and freeze them. Every few weeks I can satisfy my morning sweet tooth with a slice of zucchini bread, warmed and slathered with butter. I grew up eating and loving this "bread" which is more like cake than bread. 

My friend Shannon tried the recipe making a few adjustments and did mini muffins instead of bread pans. They are healthier than my original recipe and I love the mini muffins. Great for kids snacks and equally good with my coffee for breakfast. 

Mini Zucchini Muffins
Shannon’s Version

3 eggs, beaten
1/3 or 1/2 cup coconut oil, slightly warmed/melted 
3/4 cup agave
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups grated zucchini 
2 t vanilla
1 cup flour
1 cup almond meal
3/4 cup oat bran 
1/4 cup ground flax
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
1/4 t baking powder
1 t clove
1 t cinnamon
1 t nutmeg
1/2 t ginger

Preheat oven to 325. Mix first four ingredients together. Then add the rest and stir to combine. Put into mini muffin pans (greased or with paper cups). Cooke for 22-25 minutes. Remove and place pans on a wire cooling rack for 10 minutes.

No comments: