Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Zucchini Bread

.
If you look at the ingredients, this is basically a cake without frosting. However you put it in a loaf pan, slice it like bread and it's not out of the question to heat it up and add a pat of butter. So maybe that's why we call it bread, because it's as good as cake.
.
This is the recipe my mom has made my whole life. I love it.
.
Zucchini Bread

3 eggs, beaten
1 cup oil (I used Canola)
1 3/4 - 2 cups sugar (I used 1 3/4 cup)
2 cups grated zucchini (the recipe says peeled but I didn't)
2 t vanilla
3 cups flour
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
1/4 t baking powder
1 t clove
1 t cinnamon
1 t nutmeg
1/2 t ginger

Optional - 1 cup nuts, chopped

Preheat oven to 325. Mix first three ingredients together. Then add the rest and stir to combine. Butter and flour two loaf pans. Hit sides of pan to remove all excess flour. Fill each pan with half the batter and bake for one hour. Remove and place pans on a wire cooling rack for 10 minutes. Gently turn pan over and catch loaf with your other hand. Continue to let cool on the wire rack until ready to eat or wrap up for later.
.
Great with coffee for breakfast (heated and slathered with butter of course). You can also freeze one loaf if you don't plow through it as fast as our family.
.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just found your blog through a friend...and it was meant to be. I love zucchini bread. Adore it. Can't get enough of it. Thank goodness you've posted a delicious recipe.