Thursday, January 2, 2014

Oatmeal Pancakes



Photo Credit: Orangette


My friend Amy made me these pancakes and changed my life. They are so amazing. I don't know what it is but they are SO good. I love the texture and I especially love the berry sauce on top. Perfect combo.

From Amy:

I use Orangette's recipe for Oatmeal Pancakes with two important revisions... I only use a 1/2 stick of melted butter (a whole stick is just too much) and I add about a tsp of ground cinnamon to the batter.

As for the berry sauce, I just cut up fresh berries, rinse (and leave damp), sprinkle with sugar and let sit covered in the frig over night.  In the morning, I stir and crush with a fork.  When we don't have fresh berries, homemade berry jam is equally as good… I also like a dollop of yogurt sometimes, too.


No comments: