Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Perfect Herbed Grilled Chicken




My friend Jen turned me onto another great new recipe from Gwyneth Paltrow's It's All Good cookbook and a great way to meal plan. She was making Gwyneth's turkey meatballs and realized that all the herbs in the meatballs are also used in Gwyneth's Perfect Herbed Grilled Chicken. Buying five different herbs is fine if you can use them again but I hate throwing out herbs that have gone bad. The chicken uses all five (sage, basil, thyme, rosemary, parsley) so I made meatballs last night and chicken tonight. Both are delicious recipes with lots of leftovers.

Notes on the chicken:

I butterfly the chicken breasts before pounding it thin. So much faster to get it to 1/4" and I do like that super thin style chicken. The marinade was quick and easy. I used the same amount of marinade but only two chicken breasts (instead of four). I marinated it for an hour and a half. Sauté in a hot pan with olive oil and it's ready in a flash. I served with steamed broccoli and the spinach Caesar I just posted. It was such a satisfying and healthy dinner. I will most definitely make this recipe again. 

No comments: