Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Oatmeal Week at My House

.
What's better than oatmeal for breakfast? Fried oatmeal for breakfast!

My friend Tara told me about a trick of hers, something she got from a blog. She whips up a big batch of steel cut oats on Sunday night, then loads it into a loaf pan. Every morning she cuts a few slices and fries them up in a pan with a little butter. Top with a little more butter and a touch of syrup and voila, you have yourself a delicious breakfast in a few minutes. I made this every morning for breakfast last week and my daughter and I were always fighting over the last few bites. It is so good and allows you to eat oatmeal every day without the painful 45 minutes of mouth-watering starvation as you wait for your steel cut oats to cook.

You could also serve it with bananas and raisins or throw it in a bowl with a little warmed milk. So many possibilities! I will be doing this trick more often.

No comments: