Friday, March 20, 2009

Shoppers Guide to Pesticides

photo courtesy of Mom Goes Green


I receive the Environmental Working Group's email newsletters and yesterday's sparked my interest more than usual. They provided a link to a Shoppers Guide to Pesticides. The EWG does great work and research so I am always eager to hear what they have to say.
.
I'm especially careful to avoid items on the Dirty Dozen list and only buy those items if they are organically grown. We all try to be "healthy" in our own ways, whether it be avoiding sugars, white flour products, carbs, red meat, alcohol, you name it. We all have our thing and eating foods that are pesticide, hormone and antibiotic free is my thing.

If you are like-minded and/or want to learn more, check out the EWG's list which also has links to information in the following sections...
  • The Dirty Dozen
  • The Clean Fifteen
  • Ignorance Does Not Equal Safety
  • Children Are Especially at Risk
  • Doesn't The Government Regulate These Chemicals?
  • What Can I Do to Reduce My Risk?
  • Links to articles

No comments: