Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Farmers Market Dinner - Day Two

This is one of my favorite dinners. It is so quick and easy plus everything is green so you feel super healthy eating it. Again, all the main ingredients were from the farmers market on Sunday.

Halibut
I bought some fresh halibut from the same folks I buy salmon from. It was so fresh and so good. Easy preparation: Rub with olive oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper, then broil for 3-6 minutes per side. When you flip the fish, drizzle with some lemon juice and spread some store-bought pesto on top. When it's done, top with a little more pesto and serve.

Arugula
I made a salad with freshly grated parmesan and an easy vinaigrette that my friend Tara taught me... 1 t maple syrup, 2 T white balsamic vinegar, 2 T olive oil, salt & pepper. Toss and serve.

Asparagus
Place on a baking sheet. Toss with olive oil, kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Broil for roughly 3 minutes, stir, broil for 3 minutes, stir and check to see if they are done (depends on thickness). Throw it back in the oven if it needs a few more minutes.

After eating such a healthy dinner I advise following it up with dessert. I ate my second peanut butter and Nutella rice crispy treat from the ladies of Honey! I'm Home! Deeeeeeeeeeelicious.

No comments: