Saturday, June 6, 2009

Picnic Season

I got pregnant with my daughter when I was working at Anthousa. Our parent company gave out logoed L.L. Bean coolers as a holiday gift to all employees and that gift could not have come at a better time in my life. As I became more and more pregnant, I became more and more crazy about food. My food cravings were stronger than ever, I wanted to eat healthy and organic, and I wanted to eat all day long. Once I got that cooler, I was bringing that sucker into work packed with food every day. My coworkers surely thought I was crazy seeing how much food I was bringing for myself (well, I was eating for two!).

I'm still loving the cooler now, two years later, and use it for various outings. Yesterday I met my husband for a little golf date and packed us a delicious picnic lunch in the cooler. I am sure it will come in very handy this summer with all of our adventures with our little girl. Throw in an ice pack or bag of ice and the cooler works like a charm. It's soft and easy to carry and has several pockets on the outside for silverware, napkins, etc.
.
Another great item to have on hand for your summer outings to the beach or park is this durable outdoor blanket that folds up into a nice little compact unit with a shoulder strap. I love this thing and got a lot of use out of it last summer. I just busted it out again for this summer season.

So whip up a great lunch and pack it in your L.L. Bean cooler, throw the swim gear in your Merin tote and grab your travel blanket... you're ready for the beach!

No comments: