Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy Birthday to My "Snookies"

.
My baby girl turned two. I can't believe it. Where does the time go?!

We hosted a small family BBQ to celebrate. I wanted to cook but I also didn't want to take on too much and be stressed on her birthday. I feel that the best birthday gift to my daughter is to be fun and present on her birthday rather than stressed out which is how I normally get when I entertain. So to avoid some stress, I ordered the tzatziki, roasted tomatoes, Greek salad and orzo salad from a local Greek restaurant. I ordered the cake as well so all I had to make was the chicken (so easy), the Greek fries, and the appetizer. Easy prep and stress-free cooking before and during the party. I only wish I had more time with my girl and all the guests. Parties always go by too quickly in my opinion.


Appetizers

Meat & Cheese Plate
Watermelon

Dinner

- served with warmed pita, tzatziki, parsley, red onion, roasted tomatoes

Greek Village Salad (purchased from Vios Cafe in Seattle)
- tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, green pepper, kalamata olives, feta, oregano, red wine vinaigrette

Greek Orzo Salad (purchased from Vios Cafe in Seattle)
- with eggplant, olives, feta and sundried tomatoes

- with garlic, herbs, lemon juice and feta cheese

Dessert

Birthday Cake (from My Sisters & Me in Seattle) & Ice Cream
- organic sour cream cake with lemon curd and raspberry filling

No comments: