Tuesday, November 9, 2010

New Favorite: Grilled Coconut Kale

..
This week's food article in The New York Times Magazine was about Vij's, an amazing Indian restaurant in Vancouver, B.C. The article "The Cheat: The Greens Party" featured a recipe for Grilled Coconut Kale. I couldn't resist such a simple and interesting kale recipe. No time to lose. I read it, bought the kale, made the recipe, fell in love. It was sweet and spicy and cooked to perfection. My husband and I both loved it. I will absolutely make this again, next week in fact after I hit the farmers market for more kale.

Notes on the recipe...
.
You have to marinate the kale for four (or more) hours so give yourself enough time. The recipe is for three bunches of kale and three cans of coconut milk. I did one of each instead and roughly a third of the specified seasonings. Turned out great.

No comments: