Monday, July 23, 2012

Oh Billy!




Yesterday brought the first round of Billy's tomatoes at the Ballard market and I was thrilled. I can't wait for all the delicious ways to eat and prepare them. First on my list is the Tomato Sandwich from Dinner A Love Story. That will be tonight's dinner with a quick pasta and salad. In the next few weeks I'm sure to make the following and more...


California BLT

Heirloom Tomato Salad with Sweet Onion and Mint

Fresh Corn Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes, Mint & Basil

Tomato & Green Bean Salad with Homemade Pesto

Tomato Salad with Basil Shallot Vinaigrette
 
My mother-in-law's delicious salad
 
Butter Lettuce Salad with Green Goddess Dressing
 
Caprese
 
Bruschetta
 
Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes & Basil
 
Tomato Soup
 
Tomato Soup, inspired by Nordstrom's Tomato Soup
 
Slow Roasted Tomatoes
 

Another favorite with good tomatoes:

Everything bagel toasted, top with plain cream cheese, tomato slices and lots of fresh ground pepper. Eat open-faced. YUM!

Do you have a favorite way to eat/prepare fresh tomatoes? Would love your recipes to add to the mix.



1 comment:

Erika said...

My favorite foodie time of year!