Friday, January 22, 2010

Dinner for One

.
When my husband has a work dinner or a fun guys night planned, I always try to think of something easy to make for myself and my little munchkin (assuming there aren't leftovers in the fridge). I've also had a few conversations lately with people who live alone and don't want complex dishes or too much food but crave a home-cooked meal more often than they're doing it. This inspired me to think of easy dinners for one (or one and a half). Here are some favorites. Some are more seasonal in my opinion, like the halibut and salmon recipes, so tuck those away for later. I'd love to hear about your favorite dinners for one as well. Please share!


Tomato Sauce with Onion and Butter, Smitten Kitchen

Pasta with Fried Prosciutto, Parmesan, and Butter, Orangette

Pasta with Hashed Brussels Sprouts and Pine Nuts, Orangette

Chicken Rice, Over Cocktails

Halibut with Pesto, Epicurious

Healthy Lettuce Wraps, Redbook Magazine (circa 2004)

Pork with Apples & Onions, Mad Hungry: Feeding Men & Boys

Beans & Rice, Robb Abrams

Pesto Pasta w/ a Twist, Over Cocktails

Pasta with Breadcrumbs & Capers, Over Cocktails

Grilled Salmon with Lemon-Yogurt Herb Sauce, Over Cocktails

Broiled Salmon with Herb Mustard Glaze, Giada De Laurentiis

And a new one to try:

Sesame-Garlic Soba Noodles with Fried Egg, The Kitchn

No comments: