Friday, October 29, 2010

More Roast Chicken Inspiration

.


Here's another round of meals using a roasted chicken that may inspire you to buy a whole bird. I've been getting a little guy every week from Stokesberry Sustainable Farms at the Ballard farmers market and using it for meals all week. This is last weeks but I'm repeating it again this week.

Day 1: Roast Chicken

A version of this roast chicken recipe because I never seem to make it the same way twice.

Day 2: Chicken Caesar

I love my chicken caesar dinner. I made this one with homemade croutons and PCC's Vegan Caesar Dressing (my new favorite caesar dressing that you can buy in their deli case).

Day 2-3: Chicken Stock

I always make this basic chicken stock recipe, sometimes using a ham hock but not always. I cut all the meat off the bones day 1 so I can use all the meat for leftovers and the bones for the stock.

Day 4: Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

There is nothing like chicken noodle soup with homemade stock. I pretty much followed Tyler Florence's recipe but added a few tablespoons of heavy whipping cream at the very end, inspired by Paula Deen's recipe. I baked 2 small chicken breasts with olive oil, salt and pepper, then cubed it for the soup. I topped with freshly grated parmesan and more minced parsley.

Do you ever cook a whole chicken and use it for multiple meals? Would love to know what you're cooking with your little bird.

No comments: