Sunday, July 19, 2009

Lunch for Three


In typical Sunday fashion, I started off the day at the farmers market. My daughter and husband came with me today which makes the experience all the more fun.
.
We came home and I threw together a quick lunch featuring items from the market, both past and present. I used some of the Carrot Lemongrass Soup I made months ago in preparation for a hot day like today. I whipped up a quick salad with fresh butter lettuce, Sungold tomatoes, carrots and cucumbers from the market, topped with leftover Green Goddess dressing. We even drank juice from the market - deliciously sweet raspberry-apple juice that my daughter and I raced to finish so we could get more before it was all gone. Perfect lunch for a hot summer day.
.
The best part of all was having my husband back after a four-day golf tournament. He was all ours, all day. My daughter was in heaven, as was I. Weekends with my two favorite people are always the best, no matter what we're doing. We topped off the day with some delicious halibut fish tacos, a walk and a slice of Cherry Calfouti with ice cream. What more could a girl ask for?!

No comments: